BOSTON and BANGALORE, India, September 15, 2018 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ — Independent analyst firm, rpa2ai has released RPA50™, the first in a series of in-depth research reports on Robotic Process Automation (RPA). RPA50™ is the industry’s most comprehensive listing of RPA vendors to-date.
The RPA50™ infographic lists the top 50 global vendors within the Robotic Process Automation (RPA) marketplace. It also identifies eight different vendor categories and provides guidance on when to consider which category of vendors.
In addition to vendor summaries, the research analyzes the RPA ecosystem and marketplace development, examines the impact of RPA, highlights implementation challenges and the role of professional services.
Key research findings include:
- RPA has a greater potential to significantly automate and change the work of millions of white collar professionals than Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- The RPA marketplace is attracting a significant amount of venture capital investment, enterprise attention and employee anxiety.
- While it can be an effective way to improve efficiencies and processes, RPA is regularly mis-sold as Machine Learning (ML) or Artificial Intelligence enabled. In reality, most RPA products have little to no ML or AI capabilities.
- RPA products vary widely in their provenance, functionality, architecture, deployment options and geographic footprint. One size does not fit all.
- Business buyers are often avoiding and not involving IT in their decision making processes – resulting in failed implementations.
“The RPA market is witnessing hypergrowth and enterprise expectations are sky high, so some degree of short-term disappointment is natural,” notes rpa2ai Founder and Chief Analyst, Kashyap Kompella, “but as the technology matures, RPA can change the global services landscape and impact a number of white collar jobs.”
“Enterprise systems and applications rarely talk well with each other,” adds analyst, Apoorv Durga, “so, there is a serious need for software like RPA that can automate repetitive re-keying and other manual tasks. But don’t forget that technology is only one aspect of an enterprise automation strategy.”
“RPA is more of art, than science today,” says Alan Pelz-Sharpe, strategic advisor to rpa2ai, and adds, “aspects such as differing cultures, current state and the tech stacks can be major drivers for success of RPA initiatives.”
Schedule a briefing with rpa2ai Analysts
rpa2ai Analysts are available to discuss the findings from our RPA50™ research. To schedule a personal briefing, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get complimentary access to RPA50™ research
To get a complimentary copy of the RPA50™ research report, please contact: email@example.com
rpa2ai Research is an independent global industry analyst and advisory firm focused on enterprise automation and artificial intelligence. rpa2ai (pronounced as RPA to AI), has extensive experience in advising global organizations on profitable digital transformation. rpa2ai combines hands-on experience with AI and Automation technologies with an in-depth understanding of their business applications and implications.
Source: rpa2ai Research
SOURCE rpa2ai Research