This week on the AppleInsider Podcast, William and Victor are back, talking about William’s favorite keyboard, the rumored 17-inch MacBook Pro and whether or not it might get a new keyboard when the screen gets larger, Wi-Fi security risks, and the risk of speaking around an Amazon Echo device.
The Amazon Echo Dot is listening
- William reviews a keyboard that is largely unavailable to people – and has been promised to ship for a very long time.
- The prospect of a 16, 16.5-inch MacBook Pro in 2019, or a 17″ model in 2021 – and Victor focuses on the keyboard.
- WPA3, the new version of Wi-Fi security, has vulnerabilities identified already, although it is more secure than WPA2.
- Amazon is said to have thousands of employees listening to what people say to Amazon Alexa devices. Victor thinks it’s creepy.
- Victor cites a twitter user who identified an Illinois state bill that would have prevented Amazon and Google from remotely enabling the microphone on their devices – and the talking points that Google used to neuter the bill.
We like reader email —send us your comments and concerns!.
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for “AppleInsider.” Click here to listen, subscribe, and don’t forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Show note links:
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].