- Make sure your smart TV has Wireless connectivity.
- Your smart TV and phone need to be on the same Wi-Fi network.
- The smartphone must be running Android 4.4 or above.
- The smart TV device or box must support apk files.
- Download and Install the CetusPlay app on your Smart TV device and smartphone. Use the links below to download the appropriate apk file for your device. ( Android | iOS | TV ).
- In most of the cases the smartphone app installs the TV companion app automatically, you can also manually install it using your pendrive.
Steps to follow:
1. Open the app on the phone and wait till your phone shows your smart TV device.
2. Allow all the permissions on your TV and smartphone.
3. Wait for the App to connect.
4. Now you’ll need to select the remote type from below options
- Dpad mode:- a clicky remote with haptic feedback.
- Touchpad mode:- it acts as a touchscreen remote
- Mouse mode:- a helpful mode while using non-native TV apps
- Gamepad mode (Beta):- you can use this while playing games.
5. Apart from acting as a smart TV remote, this app has a bunch of other features as well
6. Play on TV: allows you to directly cast your phone’s content using built-in Miracast. You can also install apps using this feature.
7. Built-in App center: it as a great collection of apps for your Smart TV
8. Screen Capture:- allows you to take your TV’s screenshot.
If you own a Samsung/LG smart TV which runs on their proprietary OS then, fret not you can download their specific remote app and follow the steps below:
Make sure your smartphone and TV are connected to the same wifi network. Download the app for you LG/Samsung Smart TV.
Then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the setup.