Facebook Canvas is now Instant Experience but it’s not just a name change. The new format has more capabilities to help businesses with different objectives.
Instant Experience campaigns (formerly known as Facebook Canvas) have slowly become a marketer’s favorite. The number of campaigns has more than doubled over the past year. The reason might be simple: according to Facebook, Instant Experiences load 15 times faster than standard mobile websites.
Facebook Canvas were first introduced in February 2016 but it was not until Facebook introduced templates in September 2017 that the format really took off.
On top of the existing templates, Facebook has now added Instant Forms which makes it easy for people to share their contact information with a business:
- Instant Storefront helps businesses sell products in a grid format.
- Instant Lookbook enables businesses to display products in the context of a lifestyle image.
- Instant Customer Acquisition helps businesses drive customer action by displaying offerings and including a clear call to action.
- Instant Storytelling uses images and video to give people a better feel for your brand.
- NEW – Instant Form lets people easily share their contact information to learn more about your offerings.
Instant Experiences now also automatically add the Facebook Pixel to your campaigns. It also makes it easy for advertisers to work with third-party pixels to get more detailed data and insights. But the biggest opportunity will, of course, the ability for businesses to retarget customers who have interacted with their Instant Experiences.
More from Facebook
Earlier this summer Facebook started testing a new feature which would let users snooze specific keywords, to declutter their feed. …
One of the most underused Facebook tools is Audience Insights. In this tutorial, we will be covering the tool’s features …
Facebook recently launched Creator Studio, giving creators globally a powerful tool to understand how their content is performing and to …